As the holidays grow near, most of us are all caught up in the blissful…
What to Look for When Selecting a Paving Contractor
Selecting the right paving contractor can be quite overwhelming. Hopefully, these 6 keys points will help you to choose a contractor who is perfect for your new project!
- EXPERIENCE – The length of time that a paving contractor has been in business is essential. A well established company that offers years of experience, implies they are experts in their field. Since most paving failures don’t occur overnight, you can rest assured that a long-standing company will be still around should any mishaps occur.
- LICENSING – Make sure the paving contractor holds all proper licenses, is bonded and insured. A legitimate contractor will be able to provide all vital documents upon request.
- REFERENCES – Whether it be word of mouth through a neighbor, family member or friend, it is important to do extensive research before making a decision on a paving contractor. Perhaps, they have done work in your neighborhood? Use that as an opportunity to see their work first hand. Another suggestion is to check online for reviews, unresolved complaints and the company’s overall general reputation.
- INTEGRITY – Were you greeted in a professional manner? Did an estimator come out to your location to walk you through the service that you were requesting? Does the company provide a guarantee on the workmanship? Does the company use quality materials? If you are not able to answer YES to all of the questions above, be very weary as substandard products and service will eventually cost you more in the long run.
- DETAILED WRITTEN CONTRACT – This is one of the most crucial points noted. A reputable paving contractor will always protect both the consumer and their company by providing a detailed summary of work. The contract should be clear and concise, stating specs, materials, thickness of asphalt or concrete as well as equipment to be used to perform each function. Warranty coverage, payment terms and conditions should be included as well.
- BBB ACCREDITATION – A company that has been accredited by the BBB speaks very favorably of the company’s work ethic, morals, and willingness to satisfy every consumer complaint. Companies are rated by the BBB on an ongoing basis. Choose a contractor who maintains an A+ rating; this could increase your chances of hiring a trustworthy contractor.
Advanced Paving Services is not only committed to providing quality work, but also educating our customers as well. We want to enable you to make the best choice possible! Please give us a call for free estimate TODAY at (302) 654-9175.